A sweet & simple side full of fresh, local ingredients.
3-4 tsp KATB Rhubarb, Apple & Onion Blossom Savoury Jam
1 bunch of heirloom carrots
drizzle of olive oil (our favourite is La Cultivada Hojiblanca Olive Oil)
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp water
sprinkle of flakey salt
edible flower blossoms, like wild garlic or wild onion blossoms for garnish
curled rhubarb wisps or fresh herbs for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Wash carrots well and cut off the bulk of greens if they have them. Cut any large carrots
vertically down the middle to ensure even cooking time.
3. Lay parchment paper or a cooking mat on a baking sheet, arrange carrots evenly and drizzle with olive oil.
4. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 1 heaping tablespoon of butter and 3-4 teaspoons of jam and a tablespoon of water. Stir to combine.
5. Once the mixture is fully melted, brush generously over the carrots.
6. Bake in the oven for about 20 mins, or until carrots are tender and the jam glaze is
7. While the carrots are in the oven, prepare your garnishes! Use a peeler to peel thin layers of rhubarb and soak in a glass of cold water to create ‘curls’. Ontario wild edible flowers are
plentiful in the spring, these wild garlic and onion blossoms make a beautiful garnish. Alternatively, garnish with fresh herbs of your choice.
8. Finish with flaky salt and serve immediately. Enjoy!