The best of springtime, family style!
1 box spring mix or your favourite baby greens
1 piece snow goat's cheese (we love Salt Spring Cheese Flower Chevre)
1 green apple, spiralized
1 stalk fresh rhubarb, cut into thin strips
1/2 c sun dried sour cherries
1/2 c pepitas or pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
Sour Cherry, Rhubarb & Lavender Vinaigrette
1 tbsp KATB Sour Cherry, Rhubarb & Lavender Preserve
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (we love La Cultivada's Arbequina organic olive oil)
2 tbsp white balsamic
1 tsp whole grain mustard (we love Edmond Fallot Old Fashioned mustard)
salt & pepper
For the Dressing
1. Add preserve, oil, white balsamic, and mustard to an empty jam jar and shake vigorously to combine.
2. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.
For the Candied Pepitas
1. Combine butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and pepitas, and mix well to combine.
2. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom, and toss to evenly distribute the spices
3. Cook in a small saucepan on medium heat until the sugar melts and caramelizes.
4. Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer, and allow to cool fully.
To Assemble to Salad
1. Soak the julienned rhubarb in a glass of cold water. The rhubarb will curl into adorable little tendrils. When sufficiently curlicued, drain thoroughly.
2. Place baby greens in a large bowl, layer with spiralized green apple and rhubarb curls, and sprinkle with dried sour cherries, knobs of goat's cheese, candied pepitas and dried lavender.
3. Give the dressing one last good shake and dress the salad, or pour into a carafe to allow your guests to dress their own.